Stop denying it…the sun is about to disappear. Look on the bright side! Ski season is around the corner!!! And the Grant/Cleveland/Madison Ski Team is ready. Are you?
Join us for another great year of ski racing! Learn more about our team here.
Interested in joining? We’ll be holding three informational meetings that interested students and parents should attend to learn more about the team. We will hold these meetings on the following dates and locations:
- Wednesday Oct 8th 7:30 PM – Cleveland HS Library
- Thursday Oct 9th 7 PM – Grant HS Library
- Tuesday Oct 14th 7 PM – Madison HS (Room TBD)
If you decide to join the team, please attend a second meeting for orientation and registration. This meeting will be held on:
- Thursday OCT 16th 7PM – Grant HS Library
On Saturday, March 15, 2014, the Grant/Cleveland/Madison Ski Racing team will be hosting a fun race at Mt. Hood Ski Bowl. We’ll have a dual giant slalom set on the Mt. Hood Lane run from 10 A.M. to noon. You’ll find Mt. Hood Lane just off the Multorpor Chair (red chair) that is near the Ski Bowl East lodge (by the tubing hill).
Here’s what to expect:
- Fun. This is just a little outing for the team where newcomers of middle school and high school age are welcome to join us.
- Safe. This will be an easy, no tricky stuff type of course that all will find negotiable.
- Friendly. Current ski team members will be on hand to demonstrate ski racing technique and answer questions about what team membership is all about.
- Free (mostly). We’ll provide everything, including some drinks and snacks, except your lift ticket (sorry, we’re aware that not everything is free).
- No commitment. Come as you are, stay as long as you wish. You can look for us in the lodge at 8:45, or just find us on the hill.
Our 2014 racing season just ended, but we have a wonderful program where 8th grade students ski with us throughout the season to get a jump on sharpening their skiing skills for their high school career. Don’t be shy. See you there!
The Mt. Shop in Portland has been a long-time supporter of our ski teams. This year they’ve gone above and beyond with a multi-thousand dollar donation of new and used equipment. Come to our swap/sale and check it out!
High school ski racing is a niche that’s not nearly as well known as football or cheerleading, but it is an important activity linking the students with an outdoor sport that they can pursue for their entire lives. Your support of our teams is appreciated and allows students who may not be able to afford the expense participate fully. We appreciate it greatly!
GRANT/CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOL SKI RACE TEAM
SKI AND SNOWBOARD SWAP
DROP OFF ITEMS TO SELL:
FRIDAY, NOV. 8th, 7:30-9:00 PM and SATURDAY beginning at 10:30 AM
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9th from Noon-6 PM
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 10th from 10 AM – 3:00 PM
PORTLAND ADVENTURE BOOT CAMP
1606 NE 37TH (between Broadway and Sandy)