We’re banking on a normal winter where it starts to rain in Portland and snow on beautiful Mount Hood. Ski season is around the corner and the Grant/Cleveland/Madison/Benson Ski Team is ready. Are you?
Join us for another great year of ski racing! Learn more about our team here.
Interested in joining? We’ll be holding five informational meetings that interested students and parents should attend to learn more about the team. We will hold these meetings on the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, Oct 6th 7:00 PM – Cleveland HS Library
- Thursday, Oct 8th 6:00 PM – Madison HS Library
- Wednesday, Oct 14th 7:00 PM – Benson HS (Room TBD)
- Thursday, Oct. 15th 7:00 PM – Grant HS Library
- Thursday, Oct. 29th 7:00 PM – Grant HS Library (the last chance meeting)
These meetings will be nearly 2 hours with the first hour being an introduction to the team and the second hour being completing the registration process for those who are ready to commit. If you’re not ready to decide at the introductory meeting, you can always come to the final meeting on Oct. 29th at Grant.
Those who are interested should bring several things to the meeting:
- Parents – they are handy with decision making and with checkbooks.
- Credit card and checkbook for paying registration fees.
- Medical/Accident insurance numbers to put on registration forms.
- Medical information for students with important medical needs.
- Photocopy of parent driver’s license (because parents often drive carpools).
- Photocopy of automobile insurance declarations page.
If you like to ski, like hanging out with other skiers, want to ski A LOT this winter (including one night per week), want to get A LOT better at skiing, and want to test your skills against the clock in races, then come to our meeting. If it’s right for you, stay and register.